Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rock A Bye Baby

The day I found out I was pregnant, I immediately started planning what my baby’s nursery would look like. Of course I didn’t know what the sex of the baby was, but it really didn’t matter. I knew that among many things, I had to have a swivel rocker. My original thought was to buy one, but after seeing the thousand dollar price tag for a costumed upholstered rocker, I said bye..bye to my swivel rocker dreams.

Luckily while searching on Freecycle, I found a post for a swivel rocker. The chair, though not in perfect condition, has possibilities.

IMG_0497 IMG_0498

All it needs is a little TLC. So here I am, currently spending my week attempting to reupholster this chair, never mind  the fact that I have never reupholstered anything. But hey, nothing is impossible for DIY MOM! (this is the part where the theme song for Mighty Mouse comes on). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing find! I love Freecycle! And happy birthday to Mayah too!

    ReplyDelete